The New Chaucer Society’s 2018 Congress will be in Toronto, Canada, 10-15 July 2018.
The Call for Papers for NCS 2018 is now available, and it includes an entire thread–Chaucer Abroad–that offers several sessions with particular interest to Global Chaucers aficionados.
- Border Crossings: Chaucer’s Italy
- Chaucer Abroad: Who Owns Chaucer Now?
- Chaucer and Muslim Readers
- Chaucer on Islam and the East
- Marginal Chaucer: Chaucer Studies in Non-English Academia
- Reassessing Boundaries: Chaucer and Medieval European Literature
- The Woman Question: Chaucer and his European Context
You will find descriptions of these panels–as well as 73 other sessions–at the NCS website. Proposals (in the form of a 250-word abstract submitted here) are due 24 April 2017.